Improve existing functionality

Explain how we could improve existing OnApp functionality, and how it would help you.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. disable SWAP partition choice (make it optional)

All other Public Cloud providers (AWS,GCP,Azure,DigitalOcean) are creating VM's without Swap partitions,
    if needed swap files can be created inside the VM.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OnApp
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Enable KVM HyperV Enlightenments

Implement a setpf features xml sub tree of a started windows VM in KVM for onapp that KVMs HyperV extensions/enlightenments are turned on, I would like to request unless I missing something that you enable these in KVM on windows VMs

More info here for example:

https://scottlinux.com/2016/03/21/enable-hyper-v-enlightenments-in-kvm-for-better-windows-vm-performance/

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

released  ·  3 comments  ·  Hypervisors  ·  Admin →
  3. Gzip hourly database dumps immediately for reduced temp space and shorter runtime

When the OnApp database grows large, the hourly dump (done by /onapp/onapp-cp-install/onapp-database-dump.sh) consumes more temp space than necessary. In my case, the uncompressed dump is around 1GB, and the compressed size is around 400MB. During the dump this will require a total of 1.4GB free space to accommodate the dump followed by the compression. By piping the dump directly into gzip, the space required during backups is reduced to the size of the compressed file. As a bonus, in my case, this cuts down the runtime of the script by about two minutes as well.

The patch below is against…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

released  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Improve existing functionality

Feedback and Knowledge Base