Improve existing functionality

Explain how we could improve existing OnApp functionality, and how it would help you.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add OPNsense template

OPNsense is a fork of pfSense (which is already available as a template in OnApp). Many of our customers would love to use OPNsense within OnApp.
    See https://opnsense.org for details.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OnApp
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →
  2. Importing OVAs for vCenter requires up to 3x the size of the OVA to import successfully.

Aside from the configurable directory for storing templates, there is no way to specify which directory to use as temporary storage while it attempts to extract/convert the OVA. If you have a separate disk for the OnApp application and files, it defaults to using /tmp on the / file system for extracting/converting the OVA file. It would be preferred to have the tmp directory used for such processes to be within the OnApp installation directly instead of in /tmp which fills up the / file system.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to see nano built in to the Linux rescue image. It's an easier text editor than vi.

Whenever I have to boot from a rescue image, and edit a file, I first have to install nano with yum. It would be nice if it was already in the rescue image.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base